Friday 8 August 2014

Chanel Counter Makeover feat. the Etats Poetiques Collection for Fall 2014

Had a Chanel counter makeover last night and got to test out a few of the products from their fall 2014 collection Etats Poetiques. I was lucky enough to snag one of the more limited sessions with one of the visiting international makeup artists. For the past year or so, Chanel Taiwan has almost exclusively invited Chanel makeup artists from Korea as their International Representatives, and it just goes to show how strong the K-fever is in Taiwan.


I gave the MA free reign and told her do whatever look she thought suited me. The result is a very wearable and flattering look that is quick and easy.






Here’s a lowdown of what products were used on me:


  • Existing makeup was removed with the Demaquillant Yeux Intense bi-phase and the Eau Douceur cleansing water.
  • Sublimage La Lotion applied via cotton squares
  • Sublimage La Creme Yeux
  • Sublimage L’Essence
  • Sublimage Le Fluide
  • Sublimage La Protection UV
  • Le Blanc Light Revealing Whitening Makeup Base in Lys (30)
  • Perfection Lumiere Velvet in a mix of 10 and 20 applied with the blending foundation brush #7
  • Eclat Lumiere concealer in 10 blended in with sponge
  • Poudre Universelle Compacte in 20 applied with puff
  • Vitalumiere Eclat compact foundation dusted on T-zone with powder brush
  • Le Sourcil brow trio in 20 (I think) using brow brush #27
  • Les 4 Ombres in Poesie 234
  • Ombre Essentielle single shadows in Sensation (102) and Palpitation (104)
  • Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Expresso (20) and Ecriture eyeliner in Noir (10)
  • Inimitable Waterproof mascara in Noir 10
  • Joues Contraste in Innosence (160)
  • Rouge Coco Shine in Boy (54) and Levres Scintillantes in Songe (191) on top
  • Hydra Beauty Essence Mist to seal


Looks like waaaay to much product, but it all took around 30 minutes including the skincare part and the random chit chat in between. I walked away with the Poesie quad, the blusher, and a few other items that I will feature in another post along with a more detailed review when I can find the time.


This morning, I recreated the look using Poesie but skipped the liners and mascara, because as is very evident in this picture, I’m still mostly dead to the world.






However, because today is Father’s Day in Taiwan (8/8 sounds like Baba = dad in Chinese), I thought I’d party it up and Pink Pong it.





Hope you have an awesome weekend!

xx
Noodles :)


6 comments:

Sunny said...

Hey Noodles, yay now that is a good counter makeover! I am very seldom happy with counter makeovers, but maybe I just seldom meet good MUAs! I love Poesie and Pink Pong on you! <3

38noodles said...

Thanks so much Sunny!! I rarely go for counter makeovers now since I don't like other people touching my eyes, and most of what the MUA says I already know. If I do for a makeover, it's now only reserved for visiting MUAs or someone well known who can teach me something different. I do like the Bobbi Brown sessions though, they regularly have new techniques to share.

Michelle said...

Love your eyes and fushia lips makeup <3
好漂亮 !
Xoxo
Michelle

Share with you my tricks ;) You can delet the link before to show my comment if you like.
http://wondersreviews.wordpress.com/2014/05/29/my-hgs-lips-cares-and-makeup-baby-lips-mlbb-plumper-❤-mes-meilleurs-soins-et-maquillages-des-levres-pour-des-levres-de-bebe-naturelles-sublimees-et-bombees/

38noodles said...

Thank you so much Michelle! I must go check out your blog asap :)

Linda said...

Wow Ping Pong i need!!! Brightens up immediately!! I'm always the walking dead mornings-noon-afternoons! And yay i cant wait for your review on Poesie.... xxxx

38noodles said...

Hi Linda! It's amazing how a single bold bright lip can create a look and bring life into my zombie face! I'm very much enjoying Poesie, and hope to get a stash comparison post done when I have the time :)